Writing again??


So I don't think many people are still following this blog, especially now that we have Facebook, which admittedly, is one of the reasons my blog started to peter out. Increased privacy, greater engagement, friends not needing to sign in and type weird codes just to leave a comment: all bonuses. But on Facebook, I was left with another problem, who exactly was I writing for? Did I want certain people to see it? Would I be spamming my non-Christian friends with faith-related content all the time? Because now that I've been in Taiwan for almost 10 years, many things that were once new and notable are quite routine. And I was feeling a desire to move into more deeper reflections, but not really sure how or where to do that. Plus there was the monster of people-pleasing out there whispering that it was too dangerous. I wouldn't be able to control others' reactions. I wouldn't be able to cater my words to every possible audience at once. And so I started to feel crippled.
Around the time I started to reflect on the people-pleaser in me, I noticed my friend Drake was posting some pretty cool stuff on a blog. And in fact, it looked like it was a pretty cool collective of bloggers writing about pretty cool stuff. So I decided to take the plunge and write a guest post. You can read it here. That became a commitment to be a regular contributor. So I'm trying. I'm forcing myself to write more, and be real with my thoughts, whether I get negative feedback, positive feedback, or no feedback at all.

Comments

  1. And it has been a fun adventure, eh? You def are a huge part of the team, my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment