Happy Thanksgiving? (#17)

To all my American friends out there, Happy Thanksgiving!
I know Canadian Thanksgiving was awhile ago, but when you live in an international community, all the holidays kind of blend together. This year, Canadian Thanksgiving happened to be the same weekend as Taiwan's Double 10 holiday (national day) so both had a long weekend.
This weekend I'm planning a short trip to Taipei to watch The Help with friends and attend a Thanksgiving dinner with friends from many different countries :)
I was thinking lately that it's been more than 5 years since I've seen snow! It's cooled off enough that I've started to take out my winter clothes, and even wore long pants the other day, but it's still above 20 degrees here. It certainly doesn't feel like winter. In fact, because of the work I do, the seasons get quite confusing. At the moment, I'm writing tests for March, proofreading things coming out in February, and preparing teaching lessons for December. Plus I'm trying to plan my trip to Thailand/Singapore in January!
This is actually from 2006,
the most recent snow picture I have!
But before all that, I need to meet my deadlines for November/December.... sigh
But this is not a complaining post, I need to be Thankful!!

Today I am thankful for...

  • A couple of sunny days this week.
  • My new scooter.
  • My apartment that's large enough to host a weekly small group (more about that in another post).
  • Only being an hour away from Taipei.
  • The hot springs in Yilan. 
  • The weekend!!!


Comments