baking

My Taiwanese friends tend to be really impressed with my ability to make cakes and cookies. On the other hand, I'm always impressed by how they can make whipping together a multi-dish meal seem like nothing!
I had a lot of fun baking with my Bible study students, from age 10-50.

I taught them how to make cheese biscuits and chocolate chip cookies. Then we had a short worship and prayer time as we were waiting for the cookies to bake.

We talked about how God created each one of us, and just like a cook knows every ingredient he puts into a dish, God knows every part of us. As he's making us, sometimes the mixing and shaping process is painful, but in the future, we will become something beautiful.

This is the second time I've had such a large group of people over to my house, and thankfully this time didn't get in trouble with the neighbors! But I am again so thankful that I have a great apartment like this where I can host people.

There's a mom with two sons who come faithfully to class every week. A couple of times when we've had a potluck, they've brought their waffle maker and batter, and made fresh waffles for everyone. The boys are really sweet and sensitive. Their mom teaches them how to cook. They really liked baking, and even volunteered for dish duty. Someday, they'll have happy wives.


I wish the quality of the pictures were better, but hopefully you can get the idea. Here is our pastor and my co-worker getting their hands dirty!


P.S. I know my Christmas tree is still up. I might take it down this week after the second batch of students comes over to bake.... but then again, I'm having a visitor for Chinese New Year...maybe I should leave it up for her?

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:29 am

    you can officially leave your tree up until after new years then its tacky to have it up.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am Katrina Clayton. My husband and I are trying to adopt a baby girl from Taiwan. We are on a waiting list for a missionary group there in Taiwan. They just recently finished their registration to be a non-profit organization in Taiwan. However, not they must abide by the laws that govern non-profits. Which means--in the facility that they are in, they can only have 4 babies there at a time. And they have no money to purchase a bigger place. They currently have 6 babies there. So it will still be quite some time before they have a baby for us. :( I came across your blog when I searched for Christian missionaries. I just wanted to know if you know of anyone that is giving their baby up, or would be willing to give their baby up for adoption instead of having an abortion. I have some other missionaries that will process the adoption for us, but I would have to locate a baby. I've tried calling hospitals there to see if there's any babies that moms don't want, but can't ever reach anyone that speaks English. Can you help me? Please, please reply! Thank you and God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment