- H1N1, which I blogged about not too long ago.
- American beef, apparently causing a strain on U.S. - Taiwan relations, in daily life, it means signs popping up in all the restaurants reassuring patrons that American beef is not served there
- Michael Jackson's death, I remember hearing about it via Facebook before going to one of the summer camps I taught at.
- Taiwan's former president being jailed...was that 2009 or 2008? or maybe he was jailed more than once...
- Obama winning the Nobel Prize
- The global warming summit in Copenhagen, although the movie 2012 was equally popular
- Typhoon Morakot, Taiwan's biggest natural disaster in recent years, which occurred when I was home in Canada
- Wang Chien Ming being fired from the Yankees, I guess he is no longer the "light of Taiwan"
- And lat but not least... Sorry Sorry- a song by Korean boy band Super Junior that has everyone dancing, or at least doing hand motions:
As for me, 2009 was an extremely eventful year, but as readers of this blog, you already know that ;)