It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

December is here, and it's high time for me to update my blog! This month will be busy and fun, with a lot of Christmas activities. I started it off the right way by putting up my Christmas tree and baking cookies. Since I actually have a LIVING ROOM now, I bought a larger tree, although I was too cheap to go any bigger.
I made three kinds of cookie dough and froze it for later. Tonight I took the sugar cookie dough to my friends' house and rolled it out and cut out shapes with the kids.
I was really happy with this recipe which added a little bit of spice to the dough. They rolled out really nicely after being chilled.

Christmas Spice Cookies

    Ingredients:
    *Flour, white, 2 cup
    Baking Powder, 1.5 tsp
    Salt, .5 tsp
    Ginger, nutmeg, cloves ground, .5 tsp each
    Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
    Butter, unsalted, .5 cup (
    Granulated Sugar, 1 cup
    Egg, fresh, 1 medium
    Milk, nonfat, .0625 cup

Directions

Sift first 5 ingredients together. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in flour mixture with milk. Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll and cut **, bake at 350 for 11 minutes or until light brown.

**if you don't want to roll and cut the cookies into shapes, you can put the dough on parchment or wax paper and roll it into a log prior to refrigerating, then just slice and bake after it's chilled for an hour.

Frost and decorate with colored sugar, cinnamon pieces or any other Christmas decoration of your choosing.

Comments

  1. I'd love to make me some sugar cookies! Where do you get cloves in Taiwan?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment