Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I’m terrible at wrapping presents, so I’ll take the easy way out whenever possible. I really like gift boxes too!
2. Real or fake tree? I miss real trees, and going tree hunting with Tammy back in high school. Unfortunately, it’s just not plausible here in this tropical climate.
3. When do you put up a tree? Sometime in December, depending on my schedule.
4. When do you take it down? Lately, when I decorate for Chinese New Year!
5. Do you like eggnog? Oh my goodness, yes! I could drink it all year round! I also make a pretty good homemade eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably one of the board games our whole family would play together during the holidays
7. Hardest person to buy for? All the boys…
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister, I don’t know why, but I always find tons of stuff for her. I’ve also been finding a lot of stuff for little Emily this year!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have a beautiful handmade wooden one that Hope bought me last year, straight from Bethlehem! It’s beautiful!
10. Mail or email Christmas
 cards? Ermmmmmmm…
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t remember…probably something from the dollar store.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, cartoon version
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Throughout the fall, so I can hopefully get stuff in the mail at a decent time!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Candy someone gave me that I was able to divide and add to cards.
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? We had a lot of traditional Christmas foods at home that I used to look forward to every year, like shrimp dip and cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? Why not, everywhere else in the house, too.
17. Favourite Christmas song? O Come, O Come Emmanuel or Angels We Have Heard on High (especially since it’s a great range for me!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I wish I could go home for Christmas one of these years, but it’s impossible since schools in Taiwan don’t get holidays then. This will be my 5th Christmas here.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? probably, but I won’t.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I used to have a mini angel on my mini tree, but it broke, so now I have a big star.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People saying I “look like Santa” if I wear a festive red Christmas hat. Haha
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? The typical turkey dinner…mmmm
25. Favourite Decorations? Poinsettias
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? A plane ticket home haha. I never know what to say. Stuff to read/watch/listen to? Pretty stuff? Stuff I can’t get in Taiwan.

Comments

  1. I could have sworn your favorite Christmas song was We Three Kings. Did I just make this up?
    Also, I think it's really funny how the picture of the nativity scene looks like it's the answer to "Worst Christmas Present Ever Received." At first I was like, "really????"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh sorry! maybe i should move it up! actually you might be right about We 3 Kings, it just didn't come to mind when I was writing the post since they NEVER sing it in Taiwan :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous nativity wooden carving. It's even more special with its origin.

    My school is actually having its dept. Christmas party on the afternoon of Dec. 25th. Whoever heard of such a thing. For the first year ever, I will teach a class on Christmas morning. I have been fortunate the last two years that Dec. 25th landed on my days off. Hopefully, we can spend the day sharing about the real meaning ;). Have a great Christmas, Char!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:57 am

    i love your new christmasy theme... miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment