Christmas Gingersnaps

Gingerbread is one of those trademark scents of Christmas. I found some molasses at Carrefour (a big chain store from France) a while ago, and bought it with Christmas in mind. The time has finally come, and yesterday I baked up a storm. I made about 7-8 dozen cookies, and there are only about 8 left after 24 hours. Granted I did take them to a party, but they seem to be a hit! Thy were soft and chewy, which is how cookies should ALWAYS be. I'm posting this recipe on here for anyone who wants to try and also so that I can look back at my blog to find it next year when I want to make them again (haha) since I'll probably lose the paper I wrote it on. So, Merry Christmas all, and enjoy some gingerbread if you get a chance!

Ingredients (makes about 4 dozen, I doubled it):
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter/margarine
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 c flour
Spices: ginger 1-2tsp, cinnamon 1 tsp, nutmeg 0.5 tsp
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Mix together sugar, butter, eggs, and molasses
Sift together flour with spices, baking soda and salt, then add to other mixture
Roll into balls and roll in white sugar
Place on ungreased pan and flatten with a fork
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes
For best results, let cool on pan for a few minutes and then place on a wire rack or flip them over.


Merry Christmas!! 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you mentioned where you got molasses. I've been wanting to make ginger snaps for a month now, but only have black strap molasses and not sure if that would work or not.

    AND . . .I'm glad you posted your recipe and story of your success because it gives me confidence that my guess (that Taiwanese people would like ginger snaps) is right and also gives me a tried and true can be made in Taiwan recipe to follow. YAY!!!!

    So, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Seriously.

    Merry (day after) Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment