a few of my favorite things

There is this great restaurant not too far from the place I stay in Taipei which is part of an Australian chain (I think) called FROOT! It serves delicious yogurt smoothies and other treats all made from fresh fruit. You can also add multivitamin boosters, calcium, etc to drinks for free. Today I decided to try their lunch special, so I had a smoked salmon sandwich on whole grain bread, a salad with yogurt dressing, a few pieces of fresh fruit, a mango banana smoothie, and a blueberry/yogurt tart for dessert! It only cost me NT$149 or around 5 dollars Canadian! What's nicer than a lazy Saturday afternoon with good (cheap) food, a novel (The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger), and no responsibilities! (Especially since I have a workshop next Saturday morning!)

Comments

  1. I've never seen that yogurt place in Taipei. I'll have to try it when I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with that book? You're the third person I know who has read it recently...I'm going to have to check this out...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment