Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Good things about my splint

I'm so happy to have this splint instead of a cast. Let me count the ways:
  1. it's ok if it gets a little wet, so i don't have to be as careful in the rain/showering etc.
  2. it smaller than a cast, so i can wear most of my normal pants again
  3. it's more comfortable
  4. i can take it off, wash, lotion, apply heat, and massage
I almost fell yesterday, it was really terrible. I was getting my folder for today's class and I lost my balance. I actually hopped around for almost a minute trying to get my crutches back under me and stable, and I finally made it to the tv and steadied myself on it. I was shaking for about 10 minutes afterward. But it also occurred to me that it probably would have looked really humorous to anyone watching, almost like something out of a movie like Home Alone. haha I can laugh because I didn't actually fall, but it was really scary.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! You be careful hun! We're all praying for your healing, not the oposite! But I'm glad you managed to catch yourself. Someone's looking out for you... :)
    God bless!
    Carm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol8:27 am

    I'm glad you didn't get hurt more so than you are already.

    by the way dear if you stopped calling on the weekends maybe I would be here :P maybe we should make a telephone date!

    and hey what's with your family and always assuming we just don't answer our phones...hmmm paranoia must run in the family..haha

    love you hunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i didn't know you were such party animals ;)
    but we should make a date!
    No I know people who really don't answer unless they recognize the number and who recognizes my strange Taiwan number?

    ReplyDelete