As any elderly Taiwanese person might say "Pai sei, pai sei" which means excuse me, or I'm sorry. Never fear, I'm still alive, just not updating my blog. More classes, camps, a trip to Taipei, and getting settled in my new apartment (cooking, geting the washing machine repaired), have all kept me from visiting this website to share my mundane thoughts and happenings with you all.

I even opened the update page last night and then promptly fell asleep! I remember the days I used to mock my mom for falling asleep at 10:00, and that's precisely what I did last night! That could have something to do with the fact that I've been teaching mornings from 8 - 12. My summer classes are going well though, and I've been meeting a ton of new students, many of whom I'll be teaching for the rest of the year. I'm excited that I can watch these students grow throughout the year, and I hope I can have a positive impact on their lives.

I've been cooking a little, including simple things like chicken nuggets, and nicer meals including scalloped potatoes, chicken breast stuffed with red pepper, and cold noodle japanese salad, which I decided to add a little wasabi to (to 'spice' it up). Lesson learned: even a little wasabi can have a big kick - test before adding too much to avoid damage to your sinuses.

Comments

  1. Hey Char,
    Very good to hear from you again! :) Glad to hear that things are going well...if somewhat mundane. Did you hear that Kevin and Tiffany are engaged now? :D
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I have been reading your blog, even though i haven't commented in a long time :)Congrats to them! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:47 am

    This post made me laugh. I love you so freaking much!
    Hopie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment