The rallies on Monday and Tuesday went well, and were a lot of fun. I'm used to teaching, but being on stage in front of 20x my regular number of students is not quite the same. Fortunately I didn't have to say much. I did get to sing an old favorite: Rang Taiwan Ke Ai Qi Lai, which translates to Make Taiwan Love-able, a song which Hope and I sang on a number of occasions last year including repeatedly at Christmas and whenever we had to sing karaoke. As of today it's one of only 3 Chinese songs I can sing completely from memory.
Dragon boat festival is coming up next week, so on my bike rides I've been able to see teams practicing in the river. Also I was able to buy rice dumplings (pictured above) for lunch today. It's probably been about a year since I ate them last. The ones I had today were much tastier than the ones I recall from last year.
Since I talked about travel in my class tonight, here is a short survey for you:
- Would you rather travel all around your own country or all around the world?
- Do you like trying strange foods?
- Will you only visit a country if you know someone there?
- Do you prefer driving your own car or taking public transit?
- Will you only travel to a country where you can speak the language?
- When flying do you prefer the window, aisle or (heaven forbid) the middle seat?