Dear readers: I apologize in advance for the negativity of this entry. I felt I should update, but most of my recent happenings have been a little irritating...
- Went through the "we don't know how to use our own technology" gong show for a SECOND time at the girls' high school (you'd think they'd figure it out after last week)
- My clothes are taking almost a week to dry, if they dry at all
- Wednesday: where do I even start?
- I get to the school and discover that I've been scheduled to teach the 2 hour conversation class (they didn't inform me before my arrival that class would be on Wednesday, so subsequently, I wasn't prepared for it at all)
- After this frustration, I arrived in my next class to discover that they'd begun using a different magazine - thanks for telling me... so again, teaching a lesson that i had no prep for
- We finally got it sorted out that some of the classes had indeed switched to a more difficult (and above their level) magazine, but my final class would be using the other magazine still
- On arriving at the last class, it became immediately apparent that the class had a different issue (wrong month) than the one I'd prepared for
- Can you say "crappy day" ? I almost cried more than once that day. It's a rather daunting task to be faced with a class of 40 unmotivated students at the best of times, and when you don't have any activities planned, it's even moreso. I'm getting better at this flexibility thing, but I still detest these kinds of suprises. Also, I need to come up with some good 50-minute long back up games and activites for the next time this happens to me (I'm sure it will).
- Having to wake up at 7:00 two days in a row (lol ok, that's not really anything to complain about, but while I'm on a roll...)
- My stupid bank is for some reason not allowing me to access any of my money, which in a few days could become a very big problem
- When is the next Harry Potter book going to come out anyways???
- I've been talking to myself with increasing frequency... maybe I shouldn't admit that...
- well... if i think of anything else, I'll let you know... heh.
***** end of whining *****