Back in Caronport

I've been spending the last few days in the great place I went to school, Briercrest. After only 3 semesters away, a lot has changed. Not many familiar faces, though I've been pleasantly suprised at some of the people I've run into. Of course I'm staying with my old rommate (or, as she would put it, my roommate forever) Johanna who has been one of the people I have best kept in touch with while in Taiwan. I've also been able to reconnect with a number of old friends and Brazil teammates. It's been a huge blessing to be here, to participate in English worship services, and to be at school without worrying about getting tomorrow's reading done or finishing up that paper... instead I've been drinking tea, listening to Jack Johnson, baking, shopping, watching Corner Gas and going for coffee. Here's an excerpt from the conversation I've had a number of times with slight variations:

Person making small-talk: So where are you from?
Me: B.C. originally
PMST: And where do you live now?
Me: Taiwan, actually
PMST: OH!
Wednesday evening I'm off to Regina and then on Saturday, back to my parents. Somewhere in there I need to prep what I'm going to say to my brother's grade 6 class about Taiwan.

Comments

  1. Lol, that sounds familiar; here's my version
    Me: Yeah, I'm new to Baltimore
    PMST:Oh, where did you move from?
    Me: Taiwan, but I'm originally from Indianapolis.
    PMST: Oh wow! You stole our football team!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment