Party at the Boys' High School

mini-update: I'm in Taipei for 3 days before I go back home and FINALLY have time to update on my various activities around Christmas. On Dec 23, I attended the anniversary celebration at Yilan Boys' High School, which included an opening ceremony where each class performed a dance/song/skit not unlike this one we observed shortly after we arrived in Yuli last year. It was quite entertaining to see the crazy things the students came up with, most of which I couldn't imagine high school students in Canada doing. Afterward I got to hang out with my students from the 4 classes I teach there, which was really enjoyable. I joined my 2 girls' classes (yes, more than half of my students at the boys' high school are girls) for lunch and their gift exchange. I'm looking forward to going back to this school next semester.

Comments