Castlegar

After a few low-key days at my parents' house, I took the bus to Castlegar, which was a 9-hour trip. It wasn't too bad, I dozed off for awhile and read a couple books, including The Last Battle, by C.S. Lewis (the last book of the Chronicles of Narnia) and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I found it more bearable than the plane ride since you actually get to get off and walk around in the fresh air every now and then. My sister kindly agreed to pick me up in Salmo to save me another hour on the bus. I spent most of the weekend with her and Carol, my aunt, both of whom took Monday and Tuesday off work for me... I feel special :) In between I was able to connect with a couple of people from high school and go to my church.
We shopped, we chatted, I got to hear all about the wedding I unfortunately had to miss last April, and on Tuesday went to the Ainsworth hot springs which was sooo relaxing. Being a Tuesday in January, we practically had the whole place to ourselves. Here's some pictures:

Comments