Xia Yu Tian can't stop us!

Winter is coming. The temperature has dropped and last weekend it poured constantly. But in spite of the rainy days, I still managed to get out and see some interesting things. Ariel was coming to Luo-Dong (the next city about 10 minutes south of here) for a test on Saturday afternoon, so when that was finished I took the train there, and her fiance, Richard, drove up from Hualian and they spent the night here. We visited Luo-Dong's night market and had this delicious lamb soup made with some special Chinese herbs. Supposedly really good for a woman's body. We also did a little shopping. While Ariel was in this one shop buying a bag, one of the buttons fell off her coat. The shop owner insisted on sewing it back on for her! People here can be so friendly. (BTW. this all happened AFTER Ariel had made her purchase)
We went to church together here on Sunday morning and Ariel graciously translated the sermon for me!! After church (which ends by 10am) we went back to Luo-Dong and went to their center for traditional arts. There was a month-long festival taking place, and Sunday was the final day! We got to see some Tibetan Dancers, and wandered around a number of shops with local crafts and lots of DIY. After taking a break at the Starbucks, we looked through the small museum and browsed the gift shop. The whole center covers a really large area, and I hope to go back sometime when it's not pouring. There are some really nice walking paths by the river.
Anyways, it was a great weekend. I'm so blessed to have wonderful friends. Even though I'm here alone, I can't feel alone, because I have great friends right here in Taiwan as well as all of you back at home! Speaking of friends, I'm planning to go visit Yuli this weekend! I'm really looking forward to it! Now hopefully it's not the weekend everyone in Yuli decides to go somewhere else!!
Enjoy some pictures:

Comments

  1. "Even though I'm here alone, I can't feel alone, because I have great friends right here in Taiwan as well as all of you back at home!"

    :D I am so stinking happy to hear that you don't, even better that you can't, feel alone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment