disclaimer: boring entry
I'm pretty much just writing for the sake of posting a new entry...
- I read The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. Creepy, but well-written. (One shouldn't read stalker books when one lives alone.) I read The Notebook on my way to Hong Kong. Guess I've been in a fiction mood lately.
- Met some more people, I might be joining another Chinese class (one that some exchange students at the high school are taking), and I'm looking for a badminton partner. I sort of joined a small group here, but meetings aren't that great when I can't really understand the content. Thinking about starting an English group, but haven't mentioned it to anyone yet.
- Met a lady who just returned from 8 years in America. Have a lunch date with her this week.
- Apparently there's a rumor going around that my Chinese is good... at least until they try to talk to me! haha
- Classes are going ok... I'm kind of in a teacher lull right now... i'm feeling like i'm not always teaching as well as I could be. It's been a big challenge getting used to having 40+ students in a class, which also makes them quite inhibited as far as any sort of class discussion. Sometimes I feel like I'm just having a conversation with myself. I need some strategies to get them talking more.
- I miss Hope.