New umbrella.

Yesterday dawned bright and sunny.
The morning was warm, and the afternoon was positively hot, with the sun beating down from a clear blue sky. I even put on sunscreen. After Thursday's typhoon-ish weather, this was unexpected, but welcome. My friend came to visit me and we wandered around Yilan for awhile before taking the train to the next town to go to some hot springs. Though I had carried my umbrella around all day in my purse, just in case, I decided to leave it at home, since it had been taking up unnecessary room...
The weather continued to hold until we had finished eating dinner, when the following general law of existence came into effect:
If you leave your umbrella at home, you will get stuck in a torrential downpour.
Fortunately there was a little store across the street, so we ran across and purchased new umbrellas, getting rather wet in the process.
So now I am the proud owner of a new blue umbrella.... By the way, the rain stopped again about 30 minutes later. Coincidence?

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:29 am

    HI THERE, CHAR, WE HAVE CONTINUED PRAYING FOR YOU...WILL TRY TO KEE READING YOUR BLOG..USUALLY BEHIND ON HOP'S & DIDN'T GET TO YOURS LATELY... HAD A NICE VISIT HERE IN DULUTH, LEAVE IN AM. LOVEFROM ALL. MARY KLEIN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment