all a conspiracy...

The above statement is something you can commonly hear me muttering under my breath, but today, I have a measure of proof...

Now, as a disclaimer, this isn't a political blog, mostly because I am too out of touch with politics in Canada, and too ignorant of politics in Taiwan...

Someone can probably inform me that what I'm about to rant about is actually common practice, and not a conspiracy at all, but the fact is, i have been receiving political party news letters that i neither requested NOR supplied an address for based on my confidential vote in the last Canadian election. Indeed, they must track who's voted for the purposes of preventing certain types of election fraud. But isn't it just me, or shouldn't the fact that I voted and that fact alone be the only thing that is recorded (particulary for any other public use)? NOT who I voted for? I personally find this extremely disturbing.

And another thing.. just because I happened to vote for your party doesn't necessarily mean I want to join it, actually in this case I just didn't like the other candidates that much...

Comments

  1. ah ha, you can run but you can't hide....from anything it seems, eh? funny, I have never been approached bu any political party, thank goodness....and don't tell anyone...;) :P....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment