the rains came down and the floods came up...

I woke up this morning to the sound of heavy rain pounding on the roof next door out my slightly open window. One of the first sights I saw was this:


Yes, my balcony was being transformed into a swimming pool, and my (dead) little plant was on the verge floating away. Eventually, I braved the torrents and went out to clear the drains, so that crisis was averted. I believe we're experiencing the edge of a typhoon that's hitting the Philippines, which you can read about here. Actually, it's kind of strange, because this rainy day has more rain and stronger winds than we experienced in either of the two real typhoons that hit so far this summer. I think the difference to our particular location is that it's coming from the south, but hey, I'm no metereologist.
Anyways, to pass the blustery day we watched West Side Story, baked cinnamon rolls, and started on the puzzle Hope gave me for my birthday.

Comments