Change of the Day...

Here is part of a blog entry I wrote last October while I was waiting to come here:
Sometimes things change so fast they leave my head spinning, a few hours of quiet, then a flurry of phone calls and emails, and then nothing until the next day. This will mark my life for the next year, things will be pretty constantly in flux, which is something that is exciting and exhausting. But it is possible to prepare myself for it, to rely on the laidback side of my personality, and choose to not become too flustered by the perceived instability. - Oct. 9/04

A huge aspect of this culture is how fast things change. This is also reflected in some of my frustration this past year over communication styles. As the subordinate you don't need to know every step in a decision-making process, in fact, you'll more than likely find out at the last possible minute about things like class changes or cancellations, meetings, having to sing in front of a large group, etc. While this ignorance can brings about a more peaceful state of mind in the short term, it often ends abruptly. Anyhow, since everything is currently in "flux" now, I don't want to write out all the details that could and maybe will be different in the morning, but there is a possibility I could be leaving here as early as next week for another city (which would likely change any visit to Canada to January/February). There also could be potential for me to stay here (in Yuli) another year, though in the long run that may not be the best thing to do even though right now I feel like I REALLY don't want to leave. Everything's a little muddled at the moment, but it will all work out.

In other news, there's a typhoon heading our way for tomorrow sometime. It looks like it will be a pretty big one, but thus far none of the typhoons have been really bad here (we're inland from the coast and surrounded by mountains on the east and west).

Comments

  1. erm.... 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons? haha not likely hey! I'm hoping to only have a couple extra boxes on top of that though...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment