off to Taipei

since we have no classes this week, all of our work consists in preparing for next month's classes. What better place to do it than Taipei! haha
We're leaving tomorrow and planning to spend about 5 days there, to see Hope's sister before she returns to America, to go shopping, to hopefully talk to some people about next year, to eat Subway and maybe even to go to the zoo! I'm sure we'll do some interesting things, and even get some work done...
next week (when we get back) we start a 4 day camp in Fuli (about 25 mins away) and our twice a week class here in Yuli.
I randomly decided to braid my hair into little braids yesterday, and it has been a matter of great excitement for all who see me... lol it's fun though, considering the number of people whose hair I've braided this is probably only like the 2nd or 3rd time I've had it done, and the first time i tried it on myself. I have no idea if the back looks terrible.... anyways, I don't have a camera at the moment, so I suppose I'll have to do my hair like this again once i get mine...
so yeah, as you can tell, i haven't been doing too much since camp ended, i was really social on Sunday, more so than usual even, I went for brunch with Michelle after church and we met later to play badminton (we went to the senior's centre close to my house where an old man was happy to keep score for us by yelling something in Taiwanese every time the birdie touched the ground...) it was too windy though, so we went for coffee instead. Michelle's also a teacher, so it was really fun to talk with her, and compare stories. Being able to speak Chinese is such an advantage as far as building relationships with the students... someday....
WHEW tangent, I was saying how social i was... so after brunch i went home then decided to go get a bing - shaved ice with various toppings - because it was really hot, and 3 of the team leaders from camp were there - Renata, Sky and Jan, they are all around my age. I joined them and chatted for awhile. They asked me such interesting questions as: do I want a boyfriend from Taiwan and could they stay with me if they ever came to Canada. Hope wasn't feeling well, so I was on my own for dinner. I grabbed a book and was going to go to a restaurant when I decided to call Ariel and see if she wanted to join me. She had just finished cooking something and invited me over. We watched Madagascar, which wasn't the best animated movie I've seen, but had some funny parts.
I guess I'm a little chatty tonight... last fun fact, our puppies are so cute right now, they're all walking around, big enough to play with now. I took one in my bike basket to visit some little girls we know. The puppies are the perfect size for that right now. My favorite is a black and white spotted one that we've named Xiao Niu (little cow).

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:10 pm

    :)Hi,
    came to your blog at the first time.You have a such colorfull life as teacher there in Taiwan. Although I don't live in Taiwan now, but reading your blog remindes me many interesting things I had before.
    Wish for the coming of your next post!

    Leonore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment