Bunun candle lighting


The opening of the graduation ceremony at Zhuo Feng. Each student had a candle (possibly made out of wood).

Today was our first day of camp! We spent the weekend training the English teachers, who are really fun to spend time with! It has been pretty enjoyable so far. I was suprised today to see a number of my students from last semester at camp, including 4 out of the 6 Zhuo Feng Graduates! Only one of them is in my class, but it's really cool to see them nonetheless. Many kids from church have joined the camp this week, and a couple students from English Club. My first impression of the students was pretty good. If you remember, I was kind of dreading 3 weeks of working with Jr. High students (who I found to be not so fun to teach), but most of the students i met today had a pretty good attitude, and are willing to TRY which is the most important thing! So yeah, I slept for about 3 hours when I got home this afternoon, hopefully I won't be so exhausted the rest of the week! (Of course I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, so that plus the heat probably contributed to my tiredness). So that's camp... keep praying for us! :)

Comments