Dukarel

Today we were invited to go to Dukarel (possibly Tokar) church. The service was in Amis and Chinese. It was very interesting to listen to the Amis language. It sounds very different from Chinese. I was suprised at how much of the Chinese I understood, though not enough to totally understand the sermon yet. Close to the end of the service they had us come to the front and said thank you (I taught there all semester). Two of my students gave us Amis hats. We sang "I've got the joy" and then Hope and I sang "All in All" in English and Chinese. Afterward we went for lunch with my co-teacher, Lucia, her husband, and their three-year-old daughter, who is so cute! Lucia is going to have her second child in September, how exciting! Speaking of children, our dog, Xiao Guai had 6 puppies today! Here's the picture for today:



My Dukarel students on the last night of class.

Comments