books!

Johanna tagged me to do this, and it's interesting, so I shall participate. I'm not going to tag anyone else, but if you want to share your answers you can leave a comment.

1. Total number of books I've owned: I don't think I can count! Let's see on my little shelf above my desk there are around 35 books, a couple on the floor, and a stack on my bedside table.... then of course are the boxes of books at home... which I'm told will be a great feat to access.... I have a lot of books, but not as many as my grandma...

2. Last book I bought: I was going to say Desiring God by John Piper, but then I rememered that I bought an ESL book called something like the Taiwan English Teacher's Handbook (I don't have the exact title since Hope has it right now). It's quite a fascinating book since it so accurately describes the learning systems and situations we're dealing with!

3. Last book I read: The Scarlet Pimpernel, a classic borrowed from (and higly recommended by) my wonderful coworker, Hope. I just finished it about 30 minutes ago actually! It's quite good. Very exciting.

4. 5 books that mean a lot to me:
1. The Bible (of course)
2. Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb (actually anything by him!)
3. My pocket Chinese phrasebook!
4. The works of George Herbert
5. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

5. (this is my own question) 4 books I wish I'd brought with me:
1. Lord of the Rings (ok that's three, but you know what I mean)
2. Connecting, by Larry Crabb
3. The complete works of Shakespeare (waay too heavy)
4. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

Comments