a break from the ordinary

well first of all, I should say that singing went pretty well! It was fun... I really enjoyed having Pastor Zhang (possibly THE most energetic man in Taiwan) in the front row clapping, and beaming his little smile... i need some students like him! But actually it was encouraging to look out at the congregation and see so many familiar faces. Many of the people even participated when we sang in English! Anyways, I had a whim to make Lasagna tonight which I did with not too many difficulties... we haven't been able to find cottage cheese here, or ground beef for that matter (not normally my favorite thing, but it's quite useful in some dishes) so I made a chicken, spinach, and mushroom lasagna. The only problem was that I ran out of sauce at the end, so the top noodles didn't cook as well, and ended up a little crispy. We ate our lasagna with Shirley while watching Anne of Green Gables. Good fun!
Tomorrow we're going to Hualien for fun but unlike other days, we are staying overnight (in a hotel even). We will be joining some of our distant coworkers from Taipei in doing some school rallies! It will be an interesting experience. I think they're wanting us to do some school rallies in September or something. We'll be coming back late Tuesday night. From then on, it shall be a mad rush of classes, with three each on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Sunday isn't quite over and it feels like I'm almost in the next weekend!
G'night friends!

Comments