these days...

...things are going pretty well. I just returned from teaching my teachers' class.... it was a lot of fun, I think it will be one of the most enjoyable classes in the week. As always, it is a little odd to be teaching people who are older than yourself and in this case, who have been teaching longer than you, but anyways, their teaching methodologies are generally not very task-based, so I think they are learning something new. Also I'm focusing on pronunciation which means I have to brush up! At least we haven't gotten into grammar yet, though I do get some grammar questions from my teachers.
Our Yuli Jr. High classes were cancelled this week since they have midterms coming up... wow we just started teaching there it seems and they're having midterms already!
The rest of this week is going to be a bit of a whirlwind, so I probably won't update again until Sunday... sorry!
I have to prepare what I want to say on Saturday Night about being a missionary/getting a global vision so I can let Jack, who's translating for us look it over ahead of time. I have to finish putting together some more game boards for the game we're playing in our adult class, oh yeah, and decide what I'm going to do with my beginners! I have to finalize my lesson plans for San Min and Yu Dong, and finally, stuff for Let's Talk English Club... Hope and I had a really productive planning session this morning and I actually got a LOT accomplished... as Hope said, we should cancel class more often, look how much we get done! Of course that's kind of funny since today we would have only taught for two hours, but still most of the time beforehand would have been focusing on those classes, and not the other stuff. Sorry, this entry is a little boring! My elbow is healing, and I am become more ambidextrous, eating and playing badminton with my right hand!

We'll be teaching the church youth "Give us Clean Hands" over the next few months, which is a great song! Here are the lyrics:
We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes
From evil things
Oh Lord we cast down our idols

So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another

Oh God let this be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob

Comments