my big debut...

... as a karaoke singer.....
Yesterday we went for lunch with our friend from Yuli Jr. High and who should happen to show up at the same restaurant but Shio Li and the rest of her coworkers for a staff lunch! That's definitely one of the benefits of small town life: everywhere you go, you'll run into someone you know, and before long you know everyone, the people at the coffee shops and restaurants we go to regularly know us. Anyways, I had heard that Karaoke was a really popular thing here, but had yet to experience the phenomenon. Our favourite restaurant (the Thai place) has karaoke and 4 microphones. When they started the machine up, we 'slyly' nominated Shio Li to sing! Her co-workers thought that was a great idea, though somehow when all was said and done, it was us who ended up singing, and not her at all! Of course the book only had a few English selections to choose from, and we'd never heard of most of them! We finally settled on "My Girl" but soon discovered that we really only knew the chorus. Well that was fun... If there ever is a next time i'll definitely choose a song I know better....
We had a fun supper and took a little wander through the night market, and then popped in a movie while I braided Hope's hair (all into little braids). I wonder how many requests I'll get now lol. Well, as Hope put it... just when you didn't think you could attract any more attention to yourself.... I personally think it looks rather cute! Wanna see?




Comments