only me....

I don't know why these kinds of things always happen, but it does serve to make life more interesting...
Hope and I went on a bike ride today, all the way to Nanaan, a really nice park with a visitor's centre. It's about 9km away from Yuli downtown. The plan was to get lunch to go and ride out to the park to eat.... oh but things i plan rarely turn out so simply....As I was crossing a bridge, with the visitor's centre in sight.... one of the pedals fell off my bike. no kidding! It was quite shocking... I tried to put it back on, but something was broken, and maybe a missing piece.... What to do now? well i considered knocking on someone's door for help, but figured that's much easier to do back home where you can speak the same language as them.... although holding up my dismembered bicycle pedal probably would have done the trick, anyways, Hope rode ahead and I walked my bike the rest of the way to the centre and there called someone to come rescue me.... it felt like i was in a cartoon or something where like everything that can go wrong does lol so here i am, walking a broken bicycle through the mountains of Taiwan, and wouldn't you know it, it begins to rain! anyways, it was all good, kind Mr. Yang came to pick me up and drove me to get the pedal replaced.... i'm just shaking my head...

Comments