Change of the day

Sometimes things change so fast they leave my head spinning, a few hours of quiet, then a flurry of phone calls and emails, and then nothing until the next day. This will mark my life for the next year, things will be pretty constantly in flux, which is something that is exciting and exhausting. But it is possible to prepare myself for it, to rely on the laidback side of my personality, and choose to not become too flustered by the perceived instability.
With that said, I'm not leaving until Wednesday, but of course, that could change. Some good news is that there is someone associated with ORTV who is going to help me out in Vancouver, take me to the Visa place and everything! So no lost in Vancouver adventures, which is just fine with me!
I also found out that I will be getting regular Chinese lessons, which I found out when I was told about a test I would have to take! I was a little concerned at first, until I found out that this test would be after a few months of instruction, not on arrival! I'm really excited about the opportunity to learn Chinese (i'm guessing Mandarin), because I love learning languages, and I really desire to be fluent (or as close as I can get in a year) instead of just dabbling... it's valuable to know the basic phrases in a number of languages, but even more valuable to be able to hold a discourse. Language is key to building relationships, and that's what I'm all about!

Comments

  1. char char char, I'm so excited for you!! you're going to have to teach us all one of the new words you're learning with each post you put up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:29 pm

    I am a spy... well not really... just a stalker... no not that either... what is with this anonymous thing anyway?

    Char you rock!
    Be free!!!

    from me....guess who?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment